What's New at Auburn Family Medical Center!
- Shannon Rice, ARNP is now scheduling IUD (Intrauterine Devices) placements. These T-Shaped plastic devices are placed in the uterus to prevent pregnancy for 3-10 years. Click here for more information.
- Don't forget about our web-based Patient Portal, providing secure electronic access to schedule appointments, view lab tests and access trustworthy patient education databases. Please make sure to speak with the front desk at your next appointment to sign up!
- Just a reminder, our office does have a provider on call 24 hours a day. For life-threatening situations, call 911. For all other urgent concerns outside of office hours, you can reach the on-call provider by dialing 253-939-3604. The on-call provider can give you advice as well as direct you to the appropriate level of care should you require an in-person assessment to include either an Urgent Care or the Emergency Room. What is the difference?
- Urgent Care: Provides walk-in appointments for non-life threatening medical problems or problems that could become worse if you wait. Usually opened extended hours in evening and on weekends.
- Emergency Room: For very serious or life-threatening problems. They are not a place to go for common illness or minor injuries.